COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Last updated November 21
- NO ORAL (tongue or lip) or NASAL (nostril or septum) piercings or jewellery changes.
- We are operating by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- We are screening clients and refusing service to any client WITH SYMPTOMS (fever, cough, chills, muscle pain, difficulty breathing), has been OFF VANCOUVER ISLAND in the past 14 days or is under quarantine advisement.
- Customers MUST WEAR a FACE MASK during their visit at the studio (masks can be purchased at the studio). Staff will be wearing face masks and gloves, and piercers will also be wearing face shields during procedures.
- HAND HYGIENE (washing or sanitizer) by clients when they enter and by employees before every interaction with a new client or employee.
- We are LIMITING CLIENTS and EMPLOYEES in the studio to allow for 2 METERS of PHYSICAL DISTANCING.
- We ask that clients ARRIVE ALONE (or with one guardian if a minor). A staff member will let you in when we are ready to start the appointment.
- Everyone entering the studio must provide identification for CONTACT TRACING.
- We are DISINFECTING regularly used surfaces after each client, such as door handles, counter tops, pens, tablets, personal mirrors and card processing terminals. Customers are not allowed to touch jewellery.
- We refuse to allow symptomatic employees to work. Our employees are self monitoring their temperature and health before starting work. If any employee develops any symptoms while on the job we have a protocol in place to isolate them until they are safely able to leave.
- Our water dispenser will not be available to clients.
- Our restrooms are for emergency use only at this point.
- No outside food or drink allowed in the studio. Please contact the studio if you feel you might need an exception.
- Our candy bowl is no longer pick and choose. Clients may select from curated pre-made candy goody bags IF THEY BEHAVE!
- If you are a member of a vulnerable population, please contact us so we can book an appointment at the beginning of our studio hours.
Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol is inspired by and references the Association of Professional Piercers’ Post COVID-19 Recommended Response & Recovery Interim Protocols, Version 1.4.