FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you require appointments?
- Due to COVID-19 we are operating by appointments to limit the amount of people in our studio. We require a deposit to hold the appointment - please cancel or rebook within 2 hours for a refund. The best way to book an appointment is through the link below!
Can I get multiple piercings at once?
You bet! We may limit the amount of piercings performed at once so we don't overwork your body's immune system. Generally we can perform up to three piercings at once. For cartilage piercings, these must all be done on the same ear rather than opposing ears due to the issues involved with sleeping on a fresh or healing piercing.
To book multiple piercings, select a single appointment and add into the "Notes" section which ones you are hoping to add.
Do you perform nasal (nostril and septum) or oral (tongue and lip) piercings?
- YES! We offer NASAL (nostril and septum) and ORAL (tongue and lip) piercings and jewellery changes.
Do you offer ear piercing for children?
- Absolutely! Our studio prides itself on our expertise with younger clients, helping them have an amazing first piercing experience that is fun and focused on them, with the quality, safety and care they deserve.
How old do I need to be?
- It depends on what piercing you want! Please see our list of age requirements and services we offer on our piercing services page.
Do I need I.D.?
- Yes! We require one piece of government issued photo ID for all piercing services. For clients requiring parental consent, a government issued ID such as a birth certificate or care card is sufficient when paired with the parent/guardians ID.
Can I bring in my own jewellery for piercings?
- This is only possible if you purchased that jewelry here at the studio, or can inform us of the studio that sold you the same brands that we carry here. It can not have been worn by another person previously to you bringing that in to be pierced with. We are hyper critical of initial jewelry to ensure the best healing opportunity for you! We are able to swap a healed piercing to jewelry that you provide, as long as there are no clear issues that we see with the fit, polish (etc&). That being said, we are never able to guarantee the health of that piercing afterwards and will always recommend changing the jewellery back to what we provide here if any issues arise.
Can I use numbing cream?
Please do not use any type of numbing agent prior to your piercing! These can change the structure of the tissue and make the piercing harder to preform, more difficult to mark correctly, and trying to remove the products before the piercing can be difficult. We do not want any leftover residue to enter the piercing channel.
For these reasons, we will not pierce anyone who is using numbing agents.
I'm taking Accutane, can I get pierced?
Accutane and piercings do not pair well together. The medication is prone to increase your likelihood of experiencing permanent thickened and raised scar tissue, as well as a troubled healing process all together. For this reason we will not preform any piercings on someone who is on this medication.
Once you stop taking Accutane, wait at least 1 year before getting a new piercing.
Why do I need a consult first for Navel/Industrial Piercings?
- These two piercings are extremely anatomy dependent, not everyone has the anatomy to heal them successfully. We want to check to make sure that by us performing this piercing we are not going to cause issues, irritation or a piercing that is going to ultimately fail. We will happily show you some other options if these are not going to work out!
Can I choose my piercer?
- Of course! During the online booking process, you will have a chance to select your preferred piercer.
Can I bring a friend?
- Right now due to COVID-19 we are limiting the amount of people in our studio. Unless you are a minor under the age of 16 (in which case one guardian is allowed) we are recommending virtual companions, keeping in mind that no videos are permissible during the piercing process.
Can I go swimming with a fresh piercing?
- We do not recommend it as bodies of water have a ton of bacteria! We always say to wait at least 2 months before swimming with a fresh piercing due to the risk of infection.
I am pregnant/nursing, can I get pierced?
- Due to potential risks, we do not offer any new piercing services to clients who are currently pregnant or within the first 6 months after giving birth. We can still change jewellery in your existing piercings though!
Can I start my piercing with ring/hoop style jewellery?
- The short answer is no. Septum and Daith piercings are the exception to this, as we feel ring style jewellery heals well with them. For most other piercings, we have found that starting with rings typically causes irritation and prolonged healing times due to the potential for movement and snagging. Starting with a stud will give you the easiest possible healing, and allow us to fit you with a perfectly snug ring once the piercing has healed!
Can I bring my pet or service animal into the studio?
- In order to maintain the cleanest environment possible we do not allow pets into our studio. If you are bringing your service animal please call ahead and let us know so we can accommodate everyone comfortably in a larger room.
Do I really need to downsize my jewellery?
- Downsizing the length of your post once the swelling has gone down is extremely important for the health and longevity of your piercing. If left too long, it can cause irritation and angling of the piercing which may result in permanent scar tissue. Check out this handy diagram that helps explain it!